Red and pinhead rash on scrotum. Could it be a heat rash? How long will it take to get cured?

My very healthy 53 year old boyfriend has just deleloped a "rash" (quantitative not qualitative) over 2/3 of his scrotal sac. It is cherry colored dots the size of a pinhead - aprox 6-10 per sq. inch. They look just like a "cherry mole" but they showed up suddenly within 2 days of my last up-close visit with his scrotum. We're experiencing an unusual heatwave & he sometimes wears no underwear to be cooler. He has had pink rubbed areas on thighs by scrotum (1-2 sq. inches). Not sure if he always wears underwear when he works out- running in heat & weight room stuff. Could this be a heat-rash ? If not, how long should we wait before seeing a doctor ? They have not caused sensitivity or any other symtoms - Just a bunch of cherry dots ?
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

The rashes based on your description appear to be a grouped papules caused due to secondary bacterial infection.

There would be a sub-clinical fungal infection preceding the present lesions, which most of times breaks the scrotal skin integrity and makes it prone to be attacked by the bacteria.

Here the symptoms may not be heavy, except a sensation of warmth and hardening of the skin are noticed in initial stages.

I would ask you not to wait but to be examined as soon as possible and confirm the fact.Early placement on the treatment would be a necessity now.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.