Red and itchy skin growth on anus. How to remove this?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I have a skin tag on my anus for some time,, I've noticed I know have another small skin tag that is red and quite itchy.
I've also had a check up and had mollusc an warts on my groin area. What's worrying me is the red small hanging skin tag om my anus.
Please advise
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 33 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

You had not mentioned about your sexual activities and sexual preferences.

Molluscum Contageousum is different from warts. can you little more clarify your lesions over groin?

Regarding the anal skin tag may be anal wart or just a skin tag or an external pile mass. If you can send the photograph of the lesion, it will throw more idea on this.
Meanwhile it advisable for you to XXXXXXX a surgeon and get examined by him and he will direct you for further management.

Wish you get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Red and itchy skin growth on anus. How to remove this? 4 minutes later
I noticed you are a HIV specialist , should I worry ?
How do I send you a picture ?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 27 minutes later
Wart and Molluscum are easily treatable. There are many modalities of treatment available. External piles is also treatable by a minor surgery, if necessary. Nothing serious. If you have high risk sexual contacts then you have to go for a blood screening for STD/HIV
Nowadays nothing is serious and can be treatable. Your physician will able to guide you better.
Relax, You will be alright.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Red and itchy skin growth on anus. How to remove this? 3 minutes later
Thank you.
Did you view the pictures ?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 minutes later

Thanks for your feed back and I saw the pictures. It neither seems to be warts nor Molluscum. It is more like an external pile mass along with a fissure.
Please consult your surgeon, he/she will guide you for further treatment.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr S.Murugan