Red and itchy lumps after bed bug bite, feeling cold, clammy and dizzy. Tingling hands, abdominal pain. Blood cancer?

i have bed bugs and keep getting bitten by them. They end up as red lumps and very itchy. This as been happening for 7 months. I also have anemia and rosecea which i have had for years. Last night i took a turn for the worse. I felt extremely cold and clammy and dizzy nearly passed out. felt very sick. my hands and arms became very red and blotchy and my hands were tingly. Twice i have had a sharp grabbing pain in my left side. I have abdominal pains and very very very tired all the time. Im worried about blood cancers?
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 8 hours later
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

First of all, please relax. I would suggest you visit your physician and get a complete blood picture done along with a peripheral smear examination.Your worries about blood cancers might diappear after the blood tests.

Most likely, since you already had anaemia, it is quite possible that your tiredness and sick feeling could be attributed to anaemia. Other possibilities are hypotension(low blood pressure),hypoglycemia(low blood sugars), abnormalities in serum electrolytes(Calcium, Sodium, Or Potassium), thyroid disorders, Vitamin B12 defeciency etc. It might be worthwhile to get the following investigations done; thyroid function test, blood sugars, serum electrolytes, Vitamin B12 levels etc.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan
Follow-up: Red and itchy lumps after bed bug bite, feeling cold, clammy and dizzy. Tingling hands, abdominal pain. Blood cancer? 11 hours later
thanks for advice. I have had sevral blood tests done already. Including diabetes, vitimin defiences. thyroid tests. All came back clear. All that keeps coming back is anemia. Also my blood pressure is normal
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 3 hours later
Since your investigations have come back as normal except anaemia, please be reassured.

Are you on medication for anemia? What kind of anaemia were you diagnosed with? Like I said, the tiredness and sick feeling might be attributed to anaemia.

Another possibility with red blotchy hands and arms with tingling could be an allergic reaction to some food(? seafood) or insect bite.