Red Sore throat, nasal congestion, under eye puffiness, mild ear pain, taken Z-pak

I had a sore throat for about 1.5 weeks. I went to the doctor and was given a z-pack for 5 days. I am on day 5 and my throat is still hurting, it felt a little better but is hurting again today. It is red and looks gross. I also have nasal congestion/Post-Nasal Drip, and puffiness under my eye. Mild ear pain comes and goes.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 47 minutes later

The antibiotic Azithromycin that you are taking is such a drug that even after completing the drug it will remain in your blood for about 4-5 days more. It will still be effective even after stopping.

You can continue with drugs as advised. I do not think there is reason to worry.

Along with this please do following.

Take plenty of liquids.
Hot water gargles can help if you are comfortable.
Take over the counter analgesic like Tylenol for pain 2-3 times in a day.
Take light diet and avoid fried things and soft drinks.
Steam inhalation can also help a lot.

Apart from this keep in regular follow up with your doctor and you will be fine in few days.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries if you have.