Recurring sore throat, cough. No improvement with medicines. Guidance?

ENT Specialist
This is Sapan Shah from Baroda. Since last couple of days, i am facing problem of sore throats & cough infection. I don't know exactly, but whenever I talk with some on one to one or over a mobile. I will not able to talk smoothly and one or two second I need to stop before talk with someone. It happens with me every five to six month. I have taken so many tablets as well Ayurveda medicine also. Request for your intervention.
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 18 hours later
Recurrent throat infections could be because of ---
1. Nasal infections / Allergies---- Recurrent cold or allergic response in nose causes dripping of infected fluid down the throat (as nose drains back in throat). So if you have recurrent complaints of cold, then get done Limited CT scan of Nose and paranasal sinuses to see for if there is disease in the nose and sinuses causing it.
Cough could be because of the drip from nose or because of asthma as
These problems may be associated with asthma as they come under allergic spectrum of disease.
2. Excessive voice usage could be a cause of throat problems and dryness may cause coughing.
3. Reflux of food from stomach in food pipe i.e. acidity or heart burn---one of the cause of recurrent sore throat -- then you need antacid gel or tablets and life style modifications like--
Keep head end of bed elevated.
Avoid alcohol, Smoking
Do brisk walking daily
Go for walk after dinner
Avoid spicy food     
Avoid late night coffee

So you need to consult ENT specialist , get examined and discuss for the 3 possible causes mentioned above.
Get well soon.
'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"