Recurring pain in the center of chest. Is it indicating something serious?

Hello. I've have a recurring problem where I will get this pain in the center/left center of my chest. Sometimes it feels better when I'm lying down, but not always. Tonight it did feel better when lying down, but the pain comes back as soon as I move around. Could this be indicative of something serious?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No,may be due to musculoskeletal or reflux disease Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX XXXX, thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. Relax, the problem you are suffering from mostly suggest musculoskeletal cause or due to acid peptic disease. Usually the serious causes due to cardiac will be localized severe pain and does not vary with change in position and that due to respiratory cause presents with breathlessness and cough. Even rarely the pleural rub presents with this type of symptoms but the pain intensity increases with deep inspiration and reduce with expiration. For now you can use NSAID with muscle relaxant (like Aceclofenac with chlorzoxazone/tizanidine) and topical diclofenac spray for musculoskeletal pain and take proton pump inhibitor(PPI like Pantoprazole) with prokinetic like domperidone for management of reflux acid peptic disease. Do regular out door exercise and breathing exercise with fibre diet and maintain the regular timings of food. These will help you. Just to rule out any cardiac or respiratory cause you can get examined by your doctor once as the physical examination will help in complete diagnosis. Hope this answered your query and is helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health. Regards