Recurring pain in penis, scrotum, and prostate after oral sex. STD clear. Why is this happening?

Question
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX

First off, I am so glad you told me how I can write you directly. Second, I am asking this question in reference to my very first inquiries with healthcare magic as a followup.

I originally contacted healthcare magic regarding prostatitis I was being treated for here in the States by my urologist. I was having pain inside my penis, some in my scrotum and some in my prostate. It lined up time wise with oral sex I had received so I was tested by urine for STDs as well as a full blood profile for all STDs. All were negative and it was believed to be coincidental. I believe at one point you even suggested it was coincidental as well. It could have been a number of things at that point in time.

I was placed on antibiotics for several rounds but the amount I was taking gave me thrush and I was forced to stop. You and I spoke about this also. Eventually all of my problems subsided until I received oral sex again a couple of days ago and the pain returned almost instantly. I do not engage in sexual activity that is XXXXXXX ..my girlfriend is a nurse and is tested regularly. Neither of us are sexually active with intercourse...in fact other than oral, I am a virgin. I have been only with three girls total in the past 2 years (two prior to my current girlfriend) and all get tested regularly just in case. I do not think the oral sex is what caused it to come back because the pain was almost instant, but I do think the agitation of the oral sex caused what was already there to begin hurting again.

So with that said and the fact that my STD blood and urine full profiles are all clean, I cannot figure out how or why this is happening.

I have no other symptoms than a dull pain in my penis. No fever. No lesions. No discharge. No rashes. No night sweats. No pain when urinating or burning. In fact, urinating relieves the pain. Cranberry supplements daily help the pain to subside.

I am otherwise healthy and work hard to never put myself in positions to become sick. I am very careful with who I date and interact with. After clean urine and blood work and the fact that I do not engage in intercourse, what could be causing this? And why would the agitation of oral sex bring it on almost instantly? I feel like there must be a logical explanation that is being overlooked.

I apologize for the abundance of information I have given but I hope it will help come to a conclusion. I trust your information and am so thankful that I have been able to connect with you on this site. Your knowledge is so valuable. If we did not live on different continents, I would be a patient of yours in person any day. Thank you for your help!!

XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
Many many thanks for reposing your faith in me and I shall always try my level best
so that your faith in me is never shaken up.
I have read your problem and I definitely agree with you that,there must be some logical explanation for your symptoms.
Logically this pain should come from either outside or inside.
Outside means skin,but you don't have anything there.
Inside means your connection of urethra from tip of penis upto right to the kidneys.
In such a scene,there should be some abnormality in your blood or urine or ultrasound abdomen,but everything is normal.
Your urologist also couldn't find any thing,although he is the most appropriate authority for such complaints.
This leaves with following two possibilities
1...excessive masturbation by a person can make penis overwork resulting in pain and fatigue in penis muscles.But I know such is not the case with you.
2... Chronic non bacterial prostatitis which can cause dull ache in your penis.The problem is that it is very difficult to diagnose this problem as there is nothing found in any investigation except that your prostate may be slightly tender.
I know this dull ache should not cause any problem to you except that it disturbs the emotional well being of a person.
I would advise you to have a discussion about this with your urologist.
Till you consult him,do Sitz bath in warm water and continue cranberry juice.

I would love to have a feed back from you and know what you think about the stuff I have written.
We shall be in touch regularly.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Recurring pain in penis, scrotum, and prostate after oral sex. STD clear. Why is this happening? 1 hour later
Great information as always! Do you think a harder to diagnose STD could be to blame or does my lack of urine/blood evidence in the tests I had suggest otherwise?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 51 minutes later
Hello
I don't think there is any STD and any thing wrong with your investigations.
May be just repeat a urine culture.
If at all some infection has been left,it might show up as there is sufficient gap since last dose of antibiotic.
Though I feel,it is going to cone normal
But any way do talk to your urologist afresh.
Thanks