Recurring pain in chest, back and shoulder. Looking for its cause and cure

Jun 2015

Hello,i have a recurring pain in my chest,sometimes in my upper back and often my shoulders,sometimes it lasts for hours,sometimes a few days and often goes away completely,but as time goes on its becoming more and more common and seems to stay for longer.what do you think?
my e-mail is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 3 hours later

Chest pain can be caused by various reasons, including minor problem such as indigestion or stress, to serious medical emergencies such as a heart attack.

The symptoms as mentioned in your post suggest that it might be due to angina. So, investigations like an Electrocardiogram or Stress Echocardiography can clinch the diagnosis.

Other causes of chest pain include:
1. Strained chest muscles due to overuse
2. Chest muscle injury
3. Short-term, sudden anxiety with rapid breathing
4. Peptic ulcer disease
5. Pain from the digestive tract, such as esophageal reflux

Even in the causes involving the digestive tract, pain gets referred to back & shoulder due to irritation of diaphragm & phrenic nerve. So, it will be better to consult a Doctor & get a physical examination done to rule out other causes. So that proper management steps could be taken.

Wishing you a Good Health. Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.