Recurring of hair fall, had typhoid. Using tugain solution. Cure?

hi my age is 29 from past 1 month i am suffering from hair fall.Dr advice me to use Tugain 5% solution but after using tugain my hair fall started more plz help

medical history

2 month back i was suffering from typhoid
3 year back during my pregnancy i was detected thyroid but after that never detected thyroid again
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 1 hour later

Thank you for posting in your query.

What I gather from your question is that you are very concerned about your hair fall which started about a month back.

There could be many reasons for hair fall like excessive dandruff, fungal infections of the scalp, anemia, hypothyroidism, chronic illnesses, following child birth, stress, etc.

‘Tugain 5% solution’ is usually prescribed for people who suffer from male pattern baldness and is to be started only after evaluating the causes of hair fall.

You have given a history for hypothyroidism 3 years back and also history of having suffered from typhoid. Both of these could actually be a cause for your hair loss

My suggestions to you are:

1. Get the following blood tests done:
A. CBC (Complete blood count esp. Hemoglobin and ESR)
B. Serum TSH level (thyroid function test)
You may get these tests done under the guidance of your physician.

2. Eat a balanced diet.

3. Get a minimum of 7 hours of good un-interrupted sleep

4. Drink adequate amount of water (2 - 3 litres/day)

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for any follow up questions.

Dr Gowri