Recurring liquid filled rash above tailbone. Putting hydrogen peroxide or alcohol on it. Permanent cure?

Jul 2012

I get this recurring rash an inch or two above my tailbone. Doesn't hurt, itches (but not all the time). Look like little blisters, small so i would say bubbly. Then they dry out and go away. But then it comes back. same spot. It is clear liquid that comes out on the ones that do bubble up. I only put hydrogen peroxide or alcohol on them , thinking to vlean it and dry it out. Why do I keep getting it? It seems to get worse obvisouly if I scratch or rub at it, maybeeven dpreadout a little. How can I treat it and will I ALWAYS get it?? I dont' knwo why it's in that spot. I got a tatoo 3 years ago, but that area isn't filled in and they are so careful with their needles. So I could jus tbe freaking out but that is the only thing I can think of. But why is it recurring???
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 54 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX
I hear you & thanks for the detailed clinical history & descriptions.
In my humble opinion, may i advise you to get a serum Ig G & IgM test done for herpes1 &2....from the description, one cannot rule this out & it may explain the recurrences. Dont is a pesky condition but rasily remedied. It may just be a simple contact dermatitis to the dyes used in tatooing.
Do these tests & do get back & let me know how things fare!
Good Luck & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD