Recurring chills and fever, asthma with mucus and cough

I have reoccuring chills and high fever. Chills for anout 2 hours then very high fever for about 4 hours. Occurs every other afternoon, four times so far. I have asthma, and these attacts cause much mucus and coughing.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Hi ,

Thanks for your query,

Fever with chills are very typical symptoms in infections involving urinary tract and respiratory tract which i suspect the most in you.

I would advice you to get tested for both the causes mentioned above.Get a Urine routine analysis to rule out urinary tract infection and also consult your nearest doctor to get your chest examined with a stethoscope to determine presence of any infection. Once the foci and the nature of the infection is known you may have to be put on appropriate antibiotics for complete recovery.

Meanwhile you can take tab Tylenol twice daily after food to control the fever.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.