Recurrent pain in the abdomen. Urine test shows pus cells. No kidney stones in Ultrasound. Have to do cystoscopy. Advice?

hi there i am 20 years of age, female and weigh around 11 stone i keep having recurrent urine tests with blood and puss cells in with no infection, i am being referred to a urologist for a cystoscopy but no one has told me what this might be, i have had ultrasound and have no kidney stones also have extreme pain that can last around 5 minutes that comes and go - not doing anything in particular that causes it please help
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 11 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

In view of your recuurent complaints and positive urine tests but no definite diagnosis, you certainly merit a cystoscopy. Cystoscopy is nothing but passing a scope through your urethra and seeing the bladder from inside with camera. A biospy may also have to be done on yourself, if needed.

It may simply be benign intermittent spasms in the urinary tract. Please do get evaluated in detail by your Urologist. As I said earlier, a cystoscopy is worth doing.

Hope I have answered your query.