Recurrent itching in labia since long, got spread to anus & sever itching at night. Applied candid-B cream & VH-3 vaginal suppositories, taking fluconazole. No improvement.

Hi, I am sufferring from itching in labia for the past 2.5 years which was initially mild and occurred only during night times. Now it had increased and occurs during day time too with severe itching at night. Now it got spread to anus also. I had consulted four gynaecologists and all of them had prescribed Candid-B cream for topical application. whenever I applied that cream, it got reduced little for 2 to 3 days. Again after stopping the application it got increased and finally I was prescribed with VH-3 vaginal suppositories to use it continuously for 3 nights. Even that didnot cure the problem. After delivery and last month I again received VH-3 like as before along with fluconazole once a week. currently on fluconazole once a week. But there is no improvement and didnot get recover.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 57 minutes later

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with XXXXXXX I will do my best to help you.

It sounds as though you have a very resistant and chronic candida infection. But this diagnosis needs to be questioned in view of your resistance to treatment.

I just wonder about possible allergy. Change you detergents used for washing underclothes to simple Lux soap flakes. Wear no nylon panties, wear only cotton. Use soap in shower very sparingly.

Take an antihistamine like Zyrtec at night to control itch and let you sleep. This just might be an itch/scratch cycle thing. Also try a little Hydro-cortisone 0.5% cream to get rid of itch.

If all fruit fails you may need to see a dermatologist and have skin scrapings taken.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.