Recurrent fluid build up after lumbar laminectomy. What is the issue?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
had a lumbar laminectomy L2-L5 on 7/6/12. Had fluid build up which burst open on 8/5 and approx 2 cups of fluid "poured" out. Fluid has begun to build up again. What is the issue?
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
The fluid that is pouring out can be cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) or a reactive inflammatory fluid.
You need to consult your spine surgeon immediately and get an MRI of the spine done to detect the cause so that the proper treatment can be initiated early.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.