Recurrent boils, mostly on inner thighs & genital parts. Taking azithromycin antibiotic. Suggestion to get permanent cure?

Hi, I am a male 25 years old, past two months i am suffering from recurrent boils. Boils keep on coming one after another sometimes 2-3 in different places. especially i am getiing inside of inner thighs and on my genital parts.I am taknig antibiotics (Azithromycin 500mg ) as per Doc's advice but still continues to come. Now Doc had advised me to take few tests like creatinine level and Lipid Protein Levels. I am really worried of these and please kindly suggest what i can do for these to get cured?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Boils most of times are due to infections which can be treated with specific antibiotics.The specific antibiotics are ones to which the infecting organism ( bacteria ) is sensitive to.

I would suggest you to get a test called "Culture and antibiotic sensitivity test" of the pus sample from one of your boil.The test gives list of antibiotics which are best against the infecting organism.This will cure your problem.

Hope I have answered your query.