Recurrence of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Done blood work. Do not have cold or infection. Cause?

Reccurance of Aggressive Adult NonHodgkins Lymphoma after 10+ YearsI am a 38 y/o Male Smoker x1 pack a day for 18 years. I was diagnosed in October/November 2001 with Aggressive High Grade Non Hodgkins Lymphoma that went into spontaneous remission and has not returned. I had a complete workup on my blood during a physical yesterday that had a WBC of 28.8. I do not have a cold or the flu or any other infection that I know of. What could be causing this? Could this be a recurrance?
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

A WBC (White blood cell) count of 28,800 is very high and can’t be due to infections. The most probable cause for such a rise could be the recurrence of the lymphoma you had in past.

Do get the Differential Leukocyte count (DLC) which can further provide information which can help to arrive at a possible diagnosis.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.