Rectal pressure, tail bone pain, no problem in bowels, inflammation, infection

Hi, im a 31 year old guy and for about 3 weeks now ive been feeling rectal pressure and a strange feel above were the tail bone is. I dont have any problem with bowel movements and im not constipated there just seems to be pressure there all the time which makes me feel like clenching and is starting to bother me.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 13 hours later

Thanks for choosing health care magic.

Do you mean you are having heaviness in that area and it keeps distracting you?

First, feel the area, if you can find any swelling or redness in that area?

Do you have any pain while passing or after stool ? - If yes, then this could something like cut in that area which cause you discomfort.

If you do not pain while passing stool, it could be an infection in area of skin between the anal opening and tail bone. There could be a collection occurring secondary to infection. In the initial stages this may feel like a discomfort and you may not have pain.

The following 2 conditions are common but other similar conditions cannot be ruled out.

A physical examination including a per rectal examination is needed to make a clear diagnosis. In mean time high fiber bland diet and plenty of fluids consumption can helpful. Avoid sitting for long time especially if the surface is a hard one.

I hope I have answered your query.

Get back to me if you have any more queries, I will be happy to answer them as well.

Follow-up: Rectal pressure, tail bone pain, no problem in bowels, inflammation, infection 1 hour later
Hi yes its just a distracting sensation like theres pressure there all the time. I dont have any pain when having bowel movements or after bowel movements. There is no red XXXXXXX but the bit of skin between the anus and the tail bone right on the point of the tail bone is a little tender when I touch it.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later

Good to read from you again.The symptoms you have indicate that under the skin in that part there is inflammation.This means in that there is increase blood flow and reactions to chemical mediators due to presence of some infection.

Avoid, as advised seating on hard surfaces.You can take analgesics ( anti inflammatories like NSAID'S ) though you do not have pain, this will help in reducing swelling and tenderness in the affected area.

If you had something like pulsating pain then you may need to see your doctor as there would be a risk of impending abscess .

Wish you good health,
Follow-up: Rectal pressure, tail bone pain, no problem in bowels, inflammation, infection 2 hours later
I dont have pulsating pain, will these infection go by its self ive had it for about 3 weeks?
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 7 hours later
Yes, they can be self limiting ( immune system fighting against ). But if there is aggravation of the symptoms you have now, then you may have to go for antibiotic treatment.

Wish you Good health ,