Recovering from cold. Now with sore throat, runny nose and popping ear. Required cure?

Oncologist, Surgical
I just got over a cold but today I woke with a sore throat on one side, with running nose on one side and my ears are popping
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 4 minutes later
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. The symptoms you have described are common effects after cold and settle with time. You can take steam inhalation and do warm saline gargles to reduce the pain. In addition you can use an over the counter anti-histaminic (anti-allergy) medicine. This helps in early resolution of symptoms.
If the symptoms persist for more than 3-5 days, please visit a doctor and have him prescribe an antibiotic to you.

Hope you get well soon.