Recovering from EBV. Feeling shortness of breath. EKG normal. Is there any autoimmune issue?

My heart feels like it is constantly being squeezed and I feel short of breath. This is all of the time. I have had EKG's worn a monitor had carotid artery ultrasounds there is no calcium build up in my heart....everything looks great according to my cardiologist. This is great news, however I am still in constant discomfort. I am recovering from an episode of the autoimmune issue. What do you think and what should my next step be?
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later
Thanks for sharing your concern.
Your constant chest discomfort is not cardiac, as your EKG and calcium scores are normal.
You are recovering from viral infection, possibly affection of lungs or membrane outside heart pericardium may be one of the reasons.
I presume you have been adequately treated for Mono (Epstein–Barr virus)
You may consider getting your blood counts done specially platelets, liver function test to see any evidence of hemolysis. This will give us idea if there is any autoimmune issue (Less likely).
Please let me know if you are taking any medication.
Hope this information helps you, if you have any query please ask, I will be happy to answer that.
Dr. A. Dubey M.D.