Recovered from typhoid. On non spicy vegetarian food. Can I start non vegetarian and spicy foods?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
I got typhoid one month back and it was treated and i am perfect now. i am eating non spicy and vegetarian now. When can i go back to normal diet? i meant non veg and spicy foods?
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle

Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 2 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. If your thyroid has been low function, you should avoid some vegetables which inhibit production and secretion of the thyroid gland hormone. There are some vegetables like broccoli, cabbage which interfere with thyroid hormone production. You can find the full list of them in this site:
WWW.WWWW.WW
If it has been hyper function and now it is under control, it is better to avoid some foods that may cause triggering of your sympathetic system (to prevent rapid heart rate, etc). You can find the full list in this site:
WWW.WWWW.WW Best wishes with your health.

Follow-up: Recovered from typhoid. On non spicy vegetarian food. Can I start non vegetarian and spicy foods? 5 hours later
It is typhoid not thyroid. i recoevered from typhoid. Please suggest diet.

Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 9 hours later
Hi there, thank you indeed for correcting me. If you have recovery for the last moth, you can eat without any problem every thing you want. If somebody does not take the medications for typhoid completely, his disease may become chronic. If you have completed the period for antibiotic, we can say that you are healthy now. Let me know if you have any question.

Follow-up: Recovered from typhoid. On non spicy vegetarian food. Can I start non vegetarian and spicy foods? 6 minutes later
thank you for your reply. from when can i start having alcohol and non-veg?

Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 11 minutes later
Hi there, you can start from now. It is better to start with low amount and go up slowly. Best wishes for your health.