Recovered from the norovirus. Getting headache, sore throat and shaky body. Cause of concern?

i am a 23 year old female i have just recovered from the norovirus only thursday but now feel ill again with on off headache sore throat and i cant stop shaking with slight sickness i feel warm but my temperature is 36.7 and i cant stop shaking i also feel tired im woried because my bf is undergoing chemo and is in hospital with low whit blood cell count of 2.6 i dnt want to pass anything on to him and he is supposed to be coming hone sunday? Please help
Posted Thu, 28 Feb 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 26 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

With symptoms of headache and sorethroat the most common infectious illnesses that are likely are a cold virus or the flu virus. Both of these would present with these symptoms , the difference would be the severity and the presence of fatigue, joint or muscle pain with the flu.
If you have a history of repeated sore throat or a history of headaches than it may not be secondary to an infection. Repeated sore throats may be due to allergic sinusitis and post nasal drip, GERD, smoking and alcohol use or repeated infections. None of these non infectious causes are ,however would be associated with the tired feeling that you described.

Normal course of treatment would be rest, fluids, paracetamol, anti septic / analgesic gargles or sprays to the throat.
Since your boyfriend has a low white cell count and would be prone to infection, it would be best, if possible for you to stay somewhere else for a few days till you can determine whether you have a new infection or not. This is only if your symptoms continue up to the day that he is due to return, it is possible it has an non infectious cause and you may feel better in the morning.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions