Recovered from severe bronchitis. Developed a racking cough and metallic taste in mouth. Concerned

I am nearly recovered from severe bronchitis (viral) - the Dr checked my lungs last week and they're OK. But today I went out in the cold and developed a racking cough that left a metallic taste in my mouth. Is this a relapse ... do I need to see the doctor again?
Posted Wed, 5 Dec 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later

Viral bronchitis could be relapsed. You have gotten completely cured, but there is chance that any hidden focus of infection could be left not amenable for physical examination to any doctor.

If you are having similar symptoms then you must consult your physician again for check-up and go for a chest X-ray as basic investigation. Otherwise common cold gets cured in 5-7 days, no need to worry.

Hope I have answered your query, any other issues are welcome.

Thanking you.