Recovered from congestive heart failure. Dry cough, sore neck and breathing difficulty after exercise. Reason?

General Surgeon
I just finished 30 minutes on a cardio machine (I am a regular exerciser but new to this machine). After finishing, have dry cough, sore neck and difficulty taking XXXXXXX breaths. Stage 3C breast cancer diagnosis in 2009, CHF (since recovered) due to Avastin treatment.
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 35 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can appear due to heart disease or lungs disease. As you have heart failure, this can be a reason of your symptoms after the exercises as the heart could not pump the blood property.
Lungs diseases like asthma, COPD (if you have been smoking) or even a tumor can be the reason of dry cough and shortness of breath.
I suggest you to visit cardiologist and have heart ECG, heart ultrasound and stress test performed. If there were no coronarography performed before, this test seems necessary as well.
Lungs should be checked with chest CT and blow test (spirometry).

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.