Recovered dengue. Had fever. Platelet count went down to 20k. Feeling weak. Feeling tired. Supplement B12 injection required?

My dad just recovered from dengue but is still very weak.He didn't have any other symptom than fever. He had fever of 102 for first 3 days ,and 99°F for another 4-5 days. Platelet count went down to 20k on 4th day , we took him to the hospital where one platelet SRD was given frm which his count came up to 55k.we brought him back yesterday. Now his temperature is 97-98°F . BUT he is feeling too weak . He walks a bit and gets tired. He is having fruits, fruit juices, milk , food . I am worried if he is having any other XXXXXXX problem after getting dengue...!!!

Is there any supplement ,B12 injection, Liver tonic required ? ?

What diet can make him strong again??

When will he be better like before??
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No tonic required. Fluids, normal diet. 2 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

No tonic or injection is required for dengue.

He can have normal diet.
1. Give large amounts of fluids (water, milk, juice).
2. Give food which easily can get digested like having boiled food, green vegetables, fruits like banana, apples, soups etc.
3.Avoid the food which is oily, spicy and salty.
4. Give Crushed papaya leaves.Juice of the crushed papaya leaves is considered as the best home made remedy for the treatment of dengue fever.

He will feel better with in a week from recovery. Rarely do the symptoms extend beyond two weeks in dengue infection.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.