Recommended Spinal Fusion Surgery for stenosis and degenerative disc disease. Should I go for the surgery?

My doctor has recommended Spinal Fusion Surgery for stenosis and degenarative disc disease. My insurance denies for the reason that it's Experimental. Can you provide me statistics that it is not. Isn't this surgery pretty regularly done?
I am at level 2 appeal and must send any supporting information by today. Would it be possible to provide the answers today?
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Spine surgeons are increasingly recommending it.

Detailed Answer:

This answer is only for educational purposes and cannot be valid for legal or insurance enquirers.

I hear it to be common these days. Most often spinal fusion is not done alone, it may be done with forminotomy or laminectomy or after diskectomy.

I would like to assist you with an article which has some stats from US. It says the doctors are considering spinal fusion surgery now than the decompression surgery.

Let your surgeon help you with his personal records.

Thank you.