Recommended Meva c with Rabium, allergic to O2. Advise?

Dr XXXXXXX recommended Meva c with Rabium DSR please confirm its ok as I am allergic to O2.
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Describe the symptoms

Detailed Answer:

You had not described the symptoms well to be able to guide you better.

Meva C is Mebeverine hydrochloride 135 mg plus chlordiazepoxide 5 mg. Helpful in Functional Bowel disease. It essentially requires a prescription to buy the medicine and you need to see a local Gastroenterologist.
Rabium DSR is Rabeprazole for acid peptic disease.
O2 is an Antibiotic called Ofloxacin.

Both the above medicines are not alternative to O2. They have a different action. You can take the above medications if your doctor confirms that you have functional bowel disease and they would not react as Ofloxacin.

Thank you.

Follow-up: Recommended Meva c with Rabium, allergic to O2. Advise? 3 hours later
Thanks XXXXXXX Jain@health care magic suggested I have IBS hence recommended these, I chose speciality as gastro so that XXXXXXX or any gastro can confirm this
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Passing it to Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:

Since there was no description of symptoms no gastroenterologist were not picking it for lack of details.

I will pass it to Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX