Recommend best contraceptive pills. Pain and swelling in legs after sitting for a period of time.

Question
My husband stays with me for 3-4 days in 2 months. Kindly recommend me best contraceptive pills for that and i am always having pain in my legs kindly suggest some medicines for that as well.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Birth Control
Follow-up: Recommend best contraceptive pills. Pain and swelling in legs after sitting for a period of time. 5 minutes later
When i sit for longer duration. My foot swells.

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) What is your height and weight?
2.) Are you Diabetic or Hypertensive?
3.) Since how long are you married?
4.) Do you have Kids?
5.) Are your Periods regular?
6.) Since how long do you have Leg pain?

I would like to let you know that Oral Contraceptives are not available without a Doctor's Prescription. Various Factors have to be taken into consideration apart from Physical Examination by a Gynecologist for using these pills because they come with serious side effects like abnormal vaginal bleeding, irregular periods and Hormonal Imbalance.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Gynecologist and you can discuss various Contraception options like the oral ones and Intra Uterine Devices (IUD). Your Doctor should take a call on which option suits you better after examining you.

For Leg pain, you can speak to your Doctor and get your Calcium levels tested. Apart from Low calcium levels there are various other causes which cause Leg pain. You can use Tab. Paracetamol 500 mg if the pain is severe.

Avoid Prolonged sitting and get periods of rest in between from work. While sleeping, sleep with your legs elevated by keeping a Pillow under them.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.

Follow-up: Recommend best contraceptive pills. Pain and swelling in legs after sitting for a period of time. 10 hours later
height is 5.2 ft
weight - 48 kgs
its been 2 years of my marriage
I dont have kids
yeah my periods are regular
legs pain is from past 1 years

You can send me the soft copy or scanned copy of the prescription. So that i can use ot to get the pills. I also wanted to know that do the pills needs to be taken always or only in the months we have intercourse?

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing back to me.

It would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs without doing a proper examination. I am sorry about this. As I said earlier, get yourself examined by a Gynecologist so that she can do a comprehensive examination and prescribe you the pills which you will have to take for whole month until you don't want to conceive.

They are Biphasic birth control Pills, which will have Hormonal drugs and Placebo pills which do not contain Hormones. You will have to take Hormonal Pills for the first 21 days of the cycle followed by placebo pills for next 7 days during which you will experience withdrawal bleeding. You can take them on all the months irrespective of you are having sexual intercourse or not.

Good Luck.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.