Recommend a remedy to get rid of dark circles

Hi I have dark circles since my childhood. Could you please recommend a remedy to overcome this? My height is 5.2 and weight is 58Kg. i don't think i'm underweight or anaemic.Is there any laser treatment for this? How abt trying treatment in beauty parlor?
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Dark circles remedy Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Now your concern is regarding dark circles. Dark circles are hereditary in people. Among other causes, we need to rule out stress ,anxiety, lack of sleep, anemia or any chronic illness . Now as far as the treatment is concerned, I would first like to tell you that we need to be realistic in our approach to its treatment. We can improve dark circles with treatment . There is on doubt about it, but the response to treatment varies in different individuals. Now since periorbital region is very sensitive, so very strong medicines are not given. You can start using a kojic acid and vitamin c containing cream . Apply it in the area around the eyes twice a day. In addition , make sure that you use a sunscreen lotion with spf more than 26 every time before going out in the sun. If you feel that the response is inadequate after using the above for some two weeks, you can then add a topical triple combination cream to be applied at night along with kojic acid in the morning. As far as dark circles are concerned, lasers do not hbeve any definite role. There are certain chemical peels available just for the sensitive area around the eyes. But these are expensive options and usually used in the last resort. In addition, take a diet rich in antioxidants and vitamins. Eat fresh fruits and salads. Citrus fruits like orange which contain vitamin c are particularly helpful. Hope it helps. If you have any other query, please let me know. Dr Geetika Paul.
Follow-up: Recommend a remedy to get rid of dark circles 12 minutes later
Thanks for your swift response.I have already tried the below remedies but with no success. Also i follow a proper diet which includes daily fruit intake. As u said i take orange on a daily basis.Could u please suggest other approach?
Brief Answer: Under eye circles : Peels or lasers Detailed Answer: Hi As far as other treatment options are concerned, we have the option of chemical peels and lasers. In chemical peeling, both glycolic acid and TCA peels are being used with some success. But these chemical peels have to be repeated at two or three weekly intervals . These help in slow exfoliation of the skin and removal of the pigment. In lasers, only Fraxel lasers have been successful in treatment of under eye circles. But I am afraid you might not be able to get this treatment in India. In I would recommend you to go for chemical peeling from a good dermatologist. Hope it helps Dr Geetika Paul.
Follow-up: Recommend a remedy to get rid of dark circles 16 hours later
Thank you for the resolution last question,What will be the impact of treatments given in beauty parlor? Do they have any side effect?
Brief Answer: Chemical peeling under expert guidance Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX , Well frankly saying, most the treatments given by beauty parlors for dark circles are ineffective. Yes, in some cases there people give chemical peels to the customers without their knowledge. Though this does have good effects in reducing the pigmentation, but there is always this possibility of landing up in one or another complication due to the usage of peeling agents by untrained people. So I would definitely advice against it. It is always good to get such procedures done by trained professionals. So you should surely see a trained dermatologist for the same. Hope it helps Dr Geetika Paul.