Recently started yaz, got bleeding post sex, not on periods due. What could the cause be?

Hi just started taking yaz. I started taking it 2 1/2 weeks ago on the first day of my cycle. I had sex yesterday and found a brown discharge on my fiancé penis. And the next day we had sex again and this time we found blood on him and in me. I feel like I'm going to get my period but I'm not due for 2 weeks. What's going on?
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 hours later

Yaz is combined oral contraceptive pills used for contraception.

Causes of brown discharge after intercourse could be intercourse itself.
The other possible reasons are oral contraceptive pills(birth control pills), sexually transmitted disease (STD).

Since sexually transmitted disease(chlamydia and Gonorrhea) are a possibility it is very important to rule them out. Barrier method(condom) is the effective way to prevent STD.

You should consult a gynecologist to rule out your cause and for your treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further query I will answer it.