Recently quit smoking. Took cocaine. Lips and teeth are numb. Is there anything to get relief?

Last night I did a couple lines of cocaine and my nose, top lip and top front teeth are still numb (16hrs later).
I've recently quit smoking and have now quit coke (although I haven't done it very often anyway).
I was outside in the cold for a few hours after taking it and wondered if the constriction of blood vessels was worsened by this.
I'm concerned as this has never happened before and fear I may have damaged my nose or some sort of nerves.
Is there anything I can do or should this go away in time?
I'm definitely not touching it again, as this has opened my eyes to the realities of this drug, but I fear I may have left it a bit too late.
What do you think?
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the Query

Once you take a good decision in your life. Its never late. you are young and you had a life ahead so its not late yet. But if you want to completely quit the drug, you have to quit that society, those friends and such sort of gatherings.

Now regarding your problem. The numbness is to due to the superficial damage to the receptors present on those areas which has not actually damaged but however have been affected to some extent. If you want them to restore to their normal function then you have to stop the drug but if you continue using the drug. The damage will become permanent and will be never be restored as the nerve once damaged never regenerates. The numbness will finish within a time of less than week.

Feel free for any further queries

Follow-up: Recently quit smoking. Took cocaine. Lips and teeth are numb. Is there anything to get relief? 1 hour later
Thanks doctor. It makes me feel a whole lot better to think that I'm not too late to quit this drug.
It has also given me heart flutters in the past which people have told me is a normal reaction, but I also get them randomly, days after usage and a drowsy weak feeling with a heaviness in my chest.
Not sure if that's related or from something else.
I had also overdosed on caffeine before, due to my long working hours and not much sleep, so it could be from that.
That is how I got into cocaine, as it was told to me that it can wake me up, but it is too XXXXXXX to use it anymore.
I am certain I won't go back to it and want to become a healthy person nowadays.
I will take your advice and avoid those social situations from now on.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 9 hours later
Thanks for the Kind response

A good decision is always a good decision. doesn't matters at which stage you take it. you do will experience some of the withdrawal effects but you have to enhance your psychological power. Once you are in your social life. you will certainly enjoy the healthy quality of life

if you are satisfied with the answer, close the discussion after rating the answer. if still have any queries, feel free to ask