Recently quit drinking, have low energy, shortness of breath, swollen feet

I recently quit drinking I feel great except for a lack of stregnth and shortness of breath. i also am experienceing swollen feet.
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later

Thanks for the question.

These symptoms arise suspicion of compromised liver function.Such symptoms can actually be seen in many causes like congestive cardiac and kidney failure etc.But since you have history of drinking, possibility of liver failures needs to be considered first.

Few investigations which need to be undertaken in your case are sonography,LFT,chest xray and few blood investigations.

I would recommend to see your doctor sooner.

Please ask if there are further questions.Regards.