Recently had femur bone repair. Is it normal to feel sliding movement in the repaired area?

My wife resently had a fema repair and its been 8 weeks since the repais 'she spent 3 weekd in tyrepy is it normal to feel movement in the repaired area like the plate and screws have a slite movement when she walks to do her exercise and she has some pain and when I place my palm on the repaired area I can feel it move a little and it feels like its scrunching
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 4 hours later

Thank you for your query.

This is possible in some instances. If the plate and one of the screws is not tightly fixed then it may causes sliding movement.

Another possibility is non union of the bone.

The associated pain supports the both of the possibility. And X-rays of the affected part can clearly provide us clues to confirm/exclude the possibility. Therefore request her orthopedic for repeat X-rays.

I hope I have been some help of your query. Please write if you have any doubt.