Recently got rid of urticaria. Have teeth grinding, small white eggs, itching in anus. Deworming tablets enough?

last month i had nauseatic feeling due to which i totally became immobile..after 2 -3 days dr.started de-worming tablets (as dr was aware that i hv worms tendency) post which i got relief and above all it controlled my urticaria from which i was suffering for more than a year but my 2 times stool tests does not show any ova though i had all the symtoms like teeth grinding, water coming out of mouth, itching in anus, lot of small white eggs i am taking deworming tabs every 15days..pls suggest.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 7 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I can see that you were having a chronic helminthic infestation for a while now. Can you elaborate on the medications given and duration of courses you have used till now.

Looks like an enterobius / pin worm chronic infestation to me just by reading your symptoms, though multiple infestations by other worms can be a possibility. And this would need broad spectrum control with drugs for a prolonged period for complete removal.

For now, though stool tests are normal, the eggs that you can see looks like the infestation is still persisting in spite of the drug that you are taking every fortnight. I am afraid, you would need a review soon. I can comment more if you get back with more detailed answers to my questions. And what is the fungal infection that you wrote in the history ?

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.
Follow-up: Recently got rid of urticaria. Have teeth grinding, small white eggs, itching in anus. Deworming tablets enough? 8 hours later
Thank you dr...answers to your Qs are:
1.medications given were:zentel, wormfix,bandyplus,dicaris etc.first i was given a daily dose for a week and then alternate for 15days and the weekly and now fortnightly.
2.about fungal infection: i have rigworm since childhood and it keeps recurring.dr.says its tinea versicolor. for that i am treated with forcon, terfaze and lotions and powder and also homeopathy. also i have geographical tongue which got cleared when i was having continuous medicines for worms but now again same as earlier. all these i suppose hav lead to hairfall too.

rest my all blood tests etc.are normal which i did in i wanted to go ahead with infertility treatment but right now its on hold.

thanks for prompt revert.This has already halfened my problems.
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 8 hours later

Thanks for the replying back.

Yes, your treatment looks well with all the drugs you took and duration wise.

Pityriasis infections are persistent and tough to treat but not impossible. Yes, hairfall is a common side effect of prolonged use of these medications.

I am confident now that your details are right on track. You just need a little more patience.

Hope, this helps to solve your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Recently got rid of urticaria. Have teeth grinding, small white eggs, itching in anus. Deworming tablets enough? 14 hours later
thanks dr.some more doubts:

1) vl i ever get rid of geographical tongue completely as it is since childhood?
2)how long i shld continue de - worming and what frequency? even after so much of treatment symtoms are there though much relief is thr.
3)even tinea is off and on since childhood so vl i get rid of it completely?
4) does these infections hamper normal pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 2 days later
Thanks for the reply.

1. Geographical tongue is a known persistent condition. Following the advice of avoiding spicy foods is the only known therapy apart from vitamin level corrections.

2. It is wise to follow the regimen advice of your doctor. Usually regimens for chronic infestations range from 6 months to 8 months depending upon the case.

3. Tape worm infestations also are difficult to treat than nematodal worms. So, the regimens are so dealt to eliminate all the scolices. But, it will take time for 100% elimination.

4. It is advisable to first discuss about the time of getting pregnant with your doctor. Inform before consummation. Many drugs have long washout periods and are not recommended during pregnancy ideally.

Hope, this helps you. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.