Recently detected diabetic. On lantus insulin. Sugar still high. Cause of concern?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
New diabetes patient on lantus blood sugar is 255 should I worry?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

A blood sugar level of 255 is definitely high and needs attention.

When you are already taking insulin lantus, it suggests that the dose you are taking is probably insufficient to control your blood sugar levels. You need to consult your treating physician for re- scheduling and revising your dosage schedule for proper control of diabetes.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.