Recently delivered, positive hsv2, have upper lip tingling upto mouth, lesion on genitals. Could the virus spread to baby?

I am pos for hsv 2 and just had a baby 6 days ago. I was put on valtrax at 36 weeks and had a normal vaginal delivery. I noticed yesterday that my upper lip was tingling almost all the way to the right hand corner of my mouth. I have never had any sort of outbreak there or anywhere on my mouth and there is no sore now just a tingling sensation. I did just use the restroom and noticed I had a lesion on my genitals. I may just be hyper sensitive but could the tingling on my mouth also be some sort of an outbreak? I have been kissing my baby and I am very nervous about spreading the virus to her.
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later

I do not think the outbreak would start with tingling, but with a rash. If the outbreak has to happen it does in 48 hours.

I do not think you should be worried now. HSV1 cause sores around the month and if you are positive of HSV2, the chances of HSV1 is rare.

Just let me know if you have any other concern.