Receiving treatment for lymphoma. X-ray showed spots on chest. What is making the leg numb?

my mother has been recieving treatment for lymphoma for last 2 years an she panics so much only once did she need liquid removed an no serious chemo its just last week she went for an xray an they found a spot on her chest it may be back or it may be an infection only last night her leg gave way an she fell over she is awaitng a ct scan this saturday what would make leg go numb an is it treatable?
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Usually in cancers of blood the smaller blood vessels which supply the nerves are damaged.This results in hampered blood supply to the nerves which results in abnormal sensations felt in the affected part.

Such condition is most often encountered in association with many other diseases and are not serious.It can be treated well with Multivitamins which help in regeneration of the small blood vessels.

Also a care should be invested in ruling out any joint pathology (secondaries or lytic infective lesion) as in her chest.

I would suggest you to get the so planned CT scan to the leg too only after an Xray which gives a clue.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.