Received penicillin shots for syphilis. Hard lumps appeared. What to do?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
my daughter recieved 3penicillin shots for syphlis and now 2 of the shots have left her with 2 really hard lumps.what should she do?
YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Vaccinations

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

Sometimes injections can lead to these type of complications.
She can go for local anti-inflammatory ointment application.
Hot fomentation also helps sometimes.
If she is having pain also, she can take oral analgesics.
If induration persists after doing all these also, better to consult doctor once to rule out any possibility of pus formation there.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Received penicillin shots for syphilis. Hard lumps appeared. What to do? 15 hours later
thankyou,see one nurse gave the first shot and a lump followed and is still here.a different nurse gave the second shot,no problem.then the third shot was given by the first nurse again and hence another lump .and its still here too.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 8 hours later

Sometimes injections techniques differ from person to person. This can depend on experience also.
You can follow the measures I mentioned, those can possibly help.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.