Received antibiotic injection for bronchitis. Getting diarrhea while not on imodium. Medical cure?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I had gotten sick on Feb 19th, went to doctor and she said I had bronchitis. I received an injection of antibiotics plus a 5 day script for azithromycin. Ever since I have had diarrhea. Its yellow to dark yellow in color, usually watery and a little clumpy but no solid stool. Imodium helps, but the diarrhea comes back when I dont take Imodium. I have to go 2-4 times a day. I abd cramping. I think It may C. Diff but Im not sure. What do you think? If it is, what can I do to fix it?? No matter what I eat, it just keeps coming. please help
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

What antibiotic was given as injection?

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Received antibiotic injection for bronchitis. Getting diarrhea while not on imodium. Medical cure? 37 hours later
I really can't remember. I had gotten sick while I was out of town and had to go to a minor emergency clinic

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 43 hours later
With this information, it is difficult to say whether it is due to C.difficile infection. A stool test may be done to find the cause.
You can take tablet metronidazole 400 mg thrice daily for 14 days. Also take probiotics along with that.
Consult your doctor before taking any medications.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini