Received abdominal cat scan. Is it safe to get laser hair removal after scan?

Dec 2013

I received a abdominal/pelvic catscan (where I had to drink the solution beforehand for a clearer picture) yesterday. Today, in just a couple of hours I have a laser hair removal session scheduled. My understanding is that the laser hair removal machine and the catscan machine don't emit the same kind of radiation, however, I just wanted to ask you to double check and to make sure it is okay for me to get laser hair removal the day after the catscan. The hair removal (just in case important) is under the neck/below the chin. If possible, please respond right away, sorry for the short notice.
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You can go for laser session Detailed Answer: Hello Madam, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to healthcare magic. After reading your query with diligence and correlating all the facts I can very well reassure you that you go for your laser hair removal session. This is based on the facts that both CT scan (catscan) and laser hair reduction system works on totally different wavelength. While CT scan machines uses the deeply penetrating wavelength, on the other hand laser light of any type is very superficial light of even not more than 1 millimeter. SO even if you would have gone for CT scan of head or neck area that wouldn't have had affected your neck and chin area laser. I very well recommend you to go for the laser session with great ease. I hope it cleared all your doubts. I will be glad to reply any further queries. With regards, Dr Sanajy MD Dermatology