Received a total testosterone result of 3.79. Is this low?

I received a total tetosterone result of 3.79. I am a 32 year old man. Is this low T?
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Provide reference range from your lab results

Detailed Answer:

Actually, various laboratories use various references and testing methods to measure the total testosterone levels. In fact, if you read the reports from your lab, it would be showing the normal ranges which are specific for that laboratory.

So, according to your saying, if your total testosterone of 3.79 was referred as normal, that's ok because your doctor has the reference range too.

Generally, the range of 300 - 1000 ng/dL (10.41 - 34.7 mmol/L) is considered normal. However, you should look at the reference range of your lab results.

Hope it helped!