Received a handjob for few minutes. Any risk for HIV?

Geriatrics Specialist
Question
I had a hand job done from a prostitute, she was clothed . I did not achive full recetion and also did not edjuculate. I received the hand job for about 2 minutes only and then had it stopped. I do not know if she had any semen ( from previous job ) blood or vaginal secretions on her hand . Am i at hiv risk
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 14 minutes later
Hi there,

The percentage of getting infected from a person through masturbation by another person is so negligible, even though she is infected with HIV/AIDS.

The chances will increase if you had any physical contact with her secretion, that too with any micro ulceration on your contacting part, that too less than 0.5percentage.

So do not worry, you will not have any HIV risk.

Hope I helped you.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Follow-up: Received a handjob for few minutes. Any risk for HIV? 32 hours later
Dear Doc,

Thanks for your response.

I did not have any cuts or ulceration on any part of my body including the penis. Assuming that she did have some secretions on her hand would i still be at no risk and do I need to get myself tested. It has been 9 months since the exposure.

Further can you share with me your qualifications if it is not a problem.

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 4 hours later
Hi there,

Thanks for writing back.

Well its been nine months already. There is nothing to worry if you do not have any symptoms like

1 sudden loss of weight up to 10% of weight
2 sweating even in nights
3 evening rise of temperature
4 uncontrolled severe diarrhoea, not responding to medications.

In case you are worried, getting a test done would relieve your anxiety. A rise in HIV(human immuno virus ) titre in the serum, can be identified by ELISA kit.
Further, there will be a decrease in CD4 count (a type T helper cell ) which are immediately attacked by HIV antigen. So decrease in CD4 count is an important sign of hiv .

Let me know if you have further query.
Thank you,
DR.SURENDIRAN mbbs

Follow-up: Received a handjob for few minutes. Any risk for HIV? 14 minutes later
Nothing like that except slight pain in the thighs . on the contrary there has been weight gain by about 2 - 3 kgs since then

Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 35 minutes later
Hi there,

Thanks for writing back.

Nothing to worry then, you have good health from your history. Immunosuppressed (HIV infected) patients won't put on weight that easily.

In order to avoid this kind of situation it is advisable to practice safe sex.

Let me know if you had further query.
Thank you.