Received Lipid profile report. Have high LDL and blood cholesterol. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
my name is inder,39yrs old,my lipid profile report is cholestrol - 266, triglycerides- 114, hdl- 62, ldl-181.2, vldl- 22.8. please suggest me.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later

You have provided me with good information and I appreciate it. In order to guide you appropriately, I will need a few more details regarding your problem, so please answer the following questions in as much detail as possible.

Do you have chest pain, racing heart, high blood pressure?

Is there any history of heart problems in yourself or your family?

According to the lipid profile your blood cholesterol and LDL are high. This means increased risk for heart attack, stroke, or aneurysms.

The first thing would be for you to check if you are having the ideal body weight for your height. This is approximately: (your height in centimeters)-100.

You also need to see a cardiologist and get a cardiac risk assessment done.

A dietary consultation for a specific lipid-lowering diet chart would also be helpful.

In the meantime you can follow these lifestyle modification steps:

You should avoid fatty, oily, high carbohydrate diet. Avoid smoking. These are risk factors which can cause increased risk for above mentioned diseases.

Eat diet XXXXXXX in fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Daily moderate exercise is also very helpful. All this will help reduce cholesterol naturally.

Kindly respond to the above queries.

I hope I have answered your queries. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.