Reason for stomach pain without being sexually active?

General Surgeon
Question
My stomachs been hurting and I'm not sexually active
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Stomach ache (upper middle abdominal pain) is usually caused by peptic ulcer, stomach inflammation or other stomach issues. The pain usually starts after a meal. It does not radiate to the back. Nausea and vomiting can be present. If your pain is in the upper right location and radiates to the back, gallstones are most probable. If you have lower abdominal pain, frequent urinating, burning while urinating, urinary tract infection is most probable. Lower right abdominal pain which has started recently with slight fever and nausea can indicate appendicitis. If you have also diarrhea, gastrointestinal infection is most probable. I suggest you to consult your doctor and have abdominal ultrasound, blood work, urine analysis and liver tests done at first. If nothing will be found and peptic ulcer sounds possible, gastroscopy should be done. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.

Follow-up: Reason for stomach pain without being sexually active? 1 hour later
Is it normal to he hungry because I have been working out too

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 12 hours later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: Being starved is quite common symptom of peptic ulcer. But its really hard to tell the exact reason of your symptoms not knowing even the pain location and other symptoms. Workout can also increase appetite as the calories need increases. Regards.

Follow-up: Reason for stomach pain without being sexually active? 4 hours later
I just don't know why I keep thinking this. I know in order to be pregnant you have to have sex which I don't do

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 6 hours later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: Well, pregnancy is not the only reason of abdominal pain. So I do not understand why you keep thinking about pregnancy. If you are not active sexually, pregnancy is 100% impossible. Please consider mentioned in the first answer reasons of abdominal pain instead of pregnancy. Regards.

Follow-up: Reason for stomach pain without being sexually active? 11 minutes later
My mood keeps changing also. My periods starting in the next 7 days

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: Mood change is also not only with pregnancy. Please make it clear. If you have had any intercourse recently - start with pregnancy test. If not, forget about pregnancy. Regards.

Follow-up: Reason for stomach pain without being sexually active? 1 minute later
I heard it hurts your first time so no I haven't

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: Than please read carefully my first answer and see which issue is most probable at your case.