Reason for sore on upper cheek and numbness in the area?

morning I have a slightly soar XXXXXXX on my upper cheek near the ear on the bone and around it maybe for 2 inches in circumstance almost a bit num but not super num and can feel a bit on jaw bone--- the reason I am a bit concerned is I had operation about 10 years ago to remove XXXXXXX cancer and it has never come back--now before years a go we found out about the XXXXXXX as a soar surfaced like a pimple that never went away and that is not the case today no surface of anything-its just that the above is on the same cheek area--so question is can this remotely have anything to do with XXXXXXX cancer thanks
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Less than 5 % chance of recurrence sir Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Depending on the type of procedure performed and the technique and experience on the surgeon, we can predict the recurrence rate of the cancer. But most likely not to do with the cancer sir. The most common long-term side effect of such a presentation seen after a surgery conducted in the area is called a nerve impingement. Nerve impingement usually results in symptoms like numbness, pain, tingling sensation, etc. So there could possibly be a circulatory abnormality resulting from the type of surgery that was conducted. Of course, recurrence will also have to be ruled out sir. So the answer to your question would be a very mild Yes, there is a very mild chance of this being a recurrence (less than 5 %). I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. Best wishes.
Follow-up: Reason for sore on upper cheek and numbness in the area? 25 minutes later
okay thanks its been 10 years ----but don't think this is the numbness from operation as so many years ago-is there any other reason for what I have now as just on the one side of face -I am not diabetic and like said good health-just find it strange its not weather ?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Various factors that can affect vascular health Detailed Answer: Hello once again sir. Yes of course, weather can be a factor. Other factors could be compression from surrounding structures, vitamin B12 defiency (which promotes health of blood vessels), etc. A neurogenic cause will have to be considered and ruled out sir. A Doppler ultrasound of the region, normal ultrasound of the region and a blood coagulation profile would greatly help in establishing a diagnosis. Hope this information helps sir. God bless.