Reason for reddish bumps on upper lip and coughing mucus with blood?

ENT Specialist
Question
I have like a reddish as for a small bump inside my mouth on the upper lip and have a lot on the outer top lip and I cough up mucus with a little bit of blood what could it be
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: please meet your doctor! Detailed Answer: Hello! The bump on the upper lip can just be a mucus retention cyst, which is a very common swelling on the lips and is easily treatable with antibiotics and hexidine mouth wash! However i am worried about your other complaint, that is coughing up mucus stained with blood, this is a cause of concern and can be due to a host of causes including lower respiratory tract infection to an auto immune disorder You have to be examined and undergo a few tests before a definitive conclusion can be made and i would like you to meet your doctor as soon as possible! Take care

Follow-up: Reason for reddish bumps on upper lip and coughing mucus with blood? 17 minutes later
I've been treated like this year strep throat penicillin

Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: I wouls still like you to meet your doctor! Detailed Answer: Hello Strep infection is unlikely to be the cause for your complaints now and i would like you to meet your doctor for sure!! Thanks