Reason for numbness in upper lip while suffering from cold?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I have had a cold for 3 weeks. I woke this morning with my upper lip very numb. I have not used any nasal decongestant for over 48 hrs
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please provide the requested medical data of yours Detailed Answer: Hi, You are reporting to be having a cold for 3 weeks. Before running into final conclusions, I'd kindly ask - if you had also mouth/lip sores during this time? - Next, can you please report what type of medications you have been using for cold? - Do you have any problem with blood pressure or heart disease? - Are the cold symptoms persisting? If yes, can you please mention them? - I'd also ask if you are also dealing with bad teeth/throat problems recently? Thank you for your kind collaboration! Dr.Bardha