Reason for lump on chest that is painful to touch?

I found a lump, possibly 2 or a goofy shaped single lump on the outside of my chest, near my arm pit.Its close to the size of a marble, maybe a little bigger. I found this sat night. First i have ever noticed, it was painful to the touch, now its simply painful... i plan on going to see a dr, i have insurance but no family dr. Any idea who i should go see, or what it maybe?
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consult an Internal Medicine Specialist Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. The lump(s) could either be enlarged lymph nodes or, boils (due to bacterial infection of the sweat glands in the arm pit. Enlarged painful lymph nodes signify infection of the drainage areas, such as, chest/lungs, arm of the same side, or upper part of the abdomen. On the other hand, a boil is due to staph infection of the sweat glands. You may therefore consult an Internal Medicine Specialist, who will examine you to identify the nature of the lumps (enlarged lymph nodes or a boil). In case of they being lymph nodes, he will order relevant tests to find out the source of infection and prescribe treatment accordingly. In case of it being a boil, he will prescribe a short course of suitable antibiotics, along with a small incision to drain it (if required), Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal