Ask a Urologist   »  

Reason for low blood sugar levels after removal of kidney stones?

I started yaking AZO and last week the urologist did day surgery. She found kidney stones and put in stints. My Sugar in the morning is low between 88 and 100.what is going on.
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Normal range. Suggest good control of sugar. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. I appreciate your care for your roommate. The range of 88 - 100mg suggest good control of blood glucose level, and hence no need to worry. It is in normal range. Since your roommate is Type 2 diabetes, ask her to be aware that AZO can affect laboratory tests. But the drug itself has no proven effect to affect blood glucose level. Hope this helps you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. Regards