Reason for inability to sustain erection?

Jul 2016

Hi. I'm a 21 year old male, I have been with my girlfriend for a while now and just recently we going to have sex for the first time. We are both virgins and everything was fine until it was time to put condom on and begin. I lost my erection almost instantly and couldn't get going again. Throughout foreplay I didn't seem to have any issue only appeared just before penetration. It has happened 2 times now and she is very good about it but I can tell she is becoming increasingly frustrated. I thought the first time it was most likely nerves but I wasn't all that nervous the second time.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is mostly due to performance anxiety. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you had problem in penetration of vagina during your first sexual intercourse with your girl friend and lost the erection. This is natural to happen during beginning of sexual life and there is nothing to be worried about.In absence of any major health issue the cause of loosing erection is mind related and due to what is called as performance anxiety. Following measure will help you to boost up your confidence and getting good sustainable erection. 1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning. 2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc 3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday.. 4) Avoid alcohol and smoking.. Take your girl friend into confidence and both of you consult qualified Psychiatrist for counselling.Taking Sildenafil (Viagra) will help you to get good ,hard .sustainable erection. Please get prescription from your family physician. Please do not worry this problem will get resolved itself. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.