Reason for hardness and discomfort in lower abdomen without pain?

ENT Specialist
My lower abdomen is as hard as a bowling ball. When I lay down it's still there very hard to the touch. I don't have any other symptoms and I'm not in any pain, but it is a bit uncomfortable.
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: ultrasound of the abdomen Detailed Answer: Hello Considering your are a diabetic, there is higher risk of "silent" infections in you , that is pain and fever may not be more although you may be having an infection! There can be many reasons for this hardness , including infection, intestinal obstruction or urinary bladder infections and you may need to do an ultrasound of the abdomen to find out what exactly is causing this hardness! Please don't ignore this and meet your doctor. Thanks